Arlene Feltman Sailhac founded DeGustibus in 1980, pioneering the concept of the “event” cooking demonstration forum, setting the standard for avocational cooking programs.
A true visionary in her field, Arlene has stayed ahead of the curve — long before the TV Food Network, Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay and Mario Batali became sensations. Chefs like Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Wolfgang Puck, and Alain Ducasse taught at De Gustibus way before they became superstars. Arlene has an innate ability to recognize up-and-comers to create eclectic programs that include the legends and the rising stars, and offer experiences that capture what’s hot and what’s au courant in the culinary world.
2006 IACP Cookbook Award Winner, Compilations Category
Author of Cooking at De Gustibus: Celebrating 25 Years of Culinary Innovation
- Silver Spoon Award 2002
- IACP “Award of Excellence” 2001
- Woman of Distinction Award by the Roundtable for Women in Foodservice
- Les Dames de Escoffier member
- IACP charter member
- Co-Producer/Co-Editor of “Trucs of the Trade” book/video
- Author of De Gustibus Presents: The Great Cooks Cookbooks — Southwest Cooking, French Cooking, New American Cooking, Rustic Italian Cooking, Mediterranean Cooking, and Low Fat Cooking